Training on Climate Data Tools with Climate Watch: Country Profiles
Climate Watch is a free online platform designed to empower policymakers, advocates, researchers, media and other stakeholders with the open climate data, visualizations and resources they need to gather insights on national and global progress on climate change.
For instance, the tools on Climate Watch:
- Provide overviews and comparisons of national climate commitments (NDC) under the Paris Agreement (see the NDC Enhancement Tracker)
- Provide overviews and comparisons of countries’ long-term climate strategies (See Explore LTS)
- Track countries that have net-zero emissions targets (See Net-Zero Tracker)
- Showcase historical emissions data for all countries (See Historical GHG Emissions)
Join us on August 31 10 AM EDT | 4 PM CET for an interactive training to learn how to use Climate Watch to gain insights on countries’ climate commitments, generate custom visuals and access raw data for further analysis. This training will focus on our redesigned Country Profile pages, which features a new section on Adaptation.
During and following the training, attendees are encouraged to ask questions and request demonstrations for how to answer questions and access useful data.
- Leandro Vigna, Data Partnerships and Outreach Manager, Climate Watch, World Resources Institute
- Ryan O'Connor, Research Assistant, Governance Center, World Resources Institute
- Mollie Freeman, Social Media Specialist, Climate Program, World Resources Institute (Moderator)
Climate Watch offers powerful insights and data on national climate plans, long-term strategies and greenhouse gas emissions to help countries achieve their climate and sustainable development goals.Part of Climate