State of the Adaptation NDCs
As the impacts of climate change intensify around the globe, the need has never been greater for climate change adaptation. Countries have been rising to the adaptation challenge by submitting updated Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) with increasingly detailed adaptation components and extensive priorities. But as countries move towards implementation, what challenges remain, and how will detailed adaptation planning translate to on the ground action?
This webinar will briefly present WRI findings on the adaptation components of the updated NDCs, exploring how they have changed and how they were developed, and will showcase new data on the Climate Watch platform. Following this presentation, the webinar aims to foster discussions about next steps for the updated adaptation NDCs and how to remove barriers to their implementation to advance adaptation.
Please join the World Resources Institute on Wednesday, May 25th at 9:00am EDT / 3:00pm CAT / 6:45pm NPT as we discuss the pressing topic of adaptation in the updated NDCs and their implementation.
- Preety Bhandari, Senior Advisor, Global Climate Program, World Resources Institute
- Ralien Bekkers, Senior Country Engagement Specialist, NDC Partnership
- Christian Ledwell, Knowledge Manager, NAP Global Network
- Matti Goldberg, Programme Officer, UNFCCC
- Theophile Dusengimana, Environment and Climate Change Policy Specialist, Rwanda Ministry of Environment
- Radha Wagle, Division Chief and Joint Secretary, Nepal Ministry of Forests and Environment
Accelerating adaptation action and support for vulnerable people by working with governments, multilateral institutions, communities and other partners.Part of Equity
The NDC Partnership is a global initiative to help countries achieve their national climate commitments and ensure financial and technical assistance is delivered as efficiently as possible.Part of Climate
Climate Watch offers powerful insights and data on national climate plans, long-term strategies and greenhouse gas emissions to help countries achieve their climate and sustainable development goals.Part of Climate