Adaptation Week: Advancing a Resilient Recovery
Adaptation Week was a virtual campaign that brings people together to highlight the urgency of climate adaptation and a resilient recovery. While Adaptation Week 2020 is over, you can still join in on social media and check out resources and videos on a resilient recovery.
2020 changed everything.
The COVID-19 pandemic has tragically exposed how vulnerable we are. Along with our health and economy, the climate crisis is here now and affecting everyone. These crises are interconnected, and our solutions must be too.
We Need a Resilient Recovery
SIGN UP FOR OUR ADAPTATION NEWSLETTER
Get our latest publications, commentaries, blogs, upcoming events, and more. Sign up for the monthly WRI Adaptation Spotlight and related updates.
Hear from Adaptation Leaders
Commissioners of the Global Commission on Adaptation and other leaders are weighing in on why we need a #ResilientRecovery.
Learn more about a Resilient Recovery
What does a resilient recovery look like? What are solutions that can help societies address the pandemic and its economic fallout, the climate crisis, and inequity?
To learn more, read our article on 5 Keys to a Climate-resilient Recovery from COVID-19. Then check out the Global Commission on Adaptation’s statement: Call to Action for a Climate-Resilient Recovery from COVID-19.
It's Time for a Resilient Recovery
Adaptation Week Virtual Events
Did you miss any of the Adaptation Week virtual events? Watch the event recordings for select events below.
- Climate-Resilient Food Systems — Scaling Digital Services for Smallholder Farmers – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation (recording available)
- Adaptation Principles: New Approaches to Build Resilience – hosted by World Bank and WRI (recording available)
- Building Urban Water Resilience in Africa – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation (recording available)
- NbS Vanguard Country Event: Canada's Action on Nature-based Solutions for Climate Adaptation – hosted by Government of Canada, International Institute for Sustainable Development, and Global Commission on Adaptation (recording available)
- Development & Climate Days Event: Holding ourselves accountable: What could that mean for locally led adaptation? – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation
- NbS Vanguard Country Event: Ethiopia's Nature-based Solutions for Climate Adaptation – hosted by Government of Ethiopia, Global Commission on Adaptation, and WRI
- Enhancing Ecosystem-based Adaptation in National Adaptation Plans – hosted by Global Adaptation Network (UNEP)
Adaptation Week is led by World Resources Institute, in support of the Global Commission on Adaptation.
Photo by Jeffrey Barbee/Thomson Reuters Foundation via Flickr
Accelerating adaptation action and support for vulnerable people by working with governments, multilateral institutions, communities and other partners.Part of Equity